Hi Friends….Today I am sharing the easiest method to Create Bootable Pendrive. For this, we need at least minimum 4GB Pendrive. By making pendrive bootable, we can install Windows.
- Insert Pendrive into a running Computer.
- Open a Command Prompt window in Computer.
- Type Diskpart.
- In the new command line window that opens, to determine the Pendrive number or drive letter, at the command prompt, type list disk, and then click ENTER. The list disk command displays all the disks on the computer.
- Type clean, and ENTER. This command deletes all data from the Pendrive.
- To create a new primary partition on the PenDrive, type create part pri, and then click ENTER.
- To select the partition that you just created, type select part 1, and then ENTER
- To format the partition, type format fs=ntfs quick, and then ENTER.
- Type active, and ENTER. Then type exit, and ENTER.
- When you finish preparing your custom image, save it to the root of the PenDrive.
- At the command prompt, type select disk <X>, where X is the drive number or drive letter of the Pendrive, and then click Enter.
CREATING BOOT SECTOR:
Let us assume Pendrive is the G: drive and the DVD installer located on drive I:
- By default, Command Prompt’s active directory for Administrator permission is on C:\Windows\System32>. We will navigate Command Prompt to set on DVD (I:) as its active directory. Just type ‘i:’ hit Enter, and the active directory changed to I:
- Type ‘cd boot’ and click Enter. Active directory changed to I:\boot>.
- Type ‘bootsect /nt60 G:’ and click Enter. Creating boot sector on G: drive (Pendrive).
- Type ‘exit’ and click Enter to close Command Prompt. Until this step we have made a bootable Pendrive sucessfully, and the Pendrive is ready to be used as a boot media.
- COPYING ISTALLATION FILES:To install Windows from a bootable Pendrive, we just need to copy the whole installation files contained on the DVD installer to Pendrive. To do this, open the Command Prompt as in previous steps. Once it opens, type ‘xcopy i: \ *. * g: \ / E / H / I’ and then press Enter. Wait until all the files in the DVD installer copied to the Pendrive. Now bootable Pendrive is ready to be used for installing Windows from Pendrive.
I hope it’ll help you to create bootable Pendrive.